We are not currently accepting applications. Please check this page for updates.
Opportunity Program: Helping You Take the Next Step Toward Study in the U.S.!
The Opportunity program provides support for talented international students who may need financial help to take the next steps toward study in the United States at an accredited institution of higher learning. These grants are available now to help cover the upfront costs of seeking higher education in the U.S., and are part of EducationUSA’s broad range of assistance to international students. We want to demonstrate that international students like you are welcome in the U.S., and increase access to U.S. institutions of higher learning for deserving students who have broad interests and ambitions but modest means. These grants make it possible for students who would be otherwise unable to afford the costly application process to take the next step toward an education in the United States.
What Can the Grants Pay For?
- Testing fees, including additional score reports, for TOEFL, SAT, GRE and other specialized tests required by U.S. institutions
- Round-trip transportation and, if necessary, overnight accommodation and meals at testing sites located far from the student’s home
- Application fees for U.S. institutions to which the student is applying
- International courier fees to ensure the student’s application package reaches U.S. institutions
- Costs of translations and certifications of the student’s official documents and records
- Costs of international telephone or Internet communications with receiving institution for the purpose of an admissions interview or finalizing details
- Costs relating to applying for the appropriate U.S. visa
- Round-trip transportation to a U.S. Embassy or Consulate and, if necessary, overnight accommodation and meals
- Transportation to the U.S. to the institution where student will begin studies
- Advanced English lessons for specialized uses to enhance student’s competitiveness in his/her academic field (i.e., technical English, scientific English, business English)
- A one-time settling-in allowance
- Limited financial aid to supplement assistance offered by an accredited U.S. institution of higher learning when the offer falls short of meeting the student’s needs
You can download the pre-application from this link:
If you are qualified, please make sure to submit the pre-application by February 29, 2012.