The Hope Fund is a private scholarship founded in 2000 by Dr. Fahim Qubain and his wife Nancy. The mandate of the Hope Fund is to provide 4-year, fully-funded scholarships to underprivileged Palestinian refugees who wish to pursue an undergraduate degree in the United States. This highly competitive scholarship only selects students from the top tier of their class who have displayed a significant involvement in community service.
- Applicants should be from underprivileged Palestinian refugee families, possibly registered as refugees with UNRWA.
- Applicants’ grades must be no less than a B-average and optimally over 90%.
- If the applicant has taken the national Tawjihi, certified results are required.
- Applicants must have community service experience and demonstrated leadership skills.
- Administer an extensive search throughout Jordan to identify applicants of Palestinian descent with exceptional accomplishment and promise
- Provide a full range of services, including academic advising, English-language enrichment courses, testing services, and travel expenses, for up to two years to assist scholars through the lengthy, and often complicated, testing and application process
- Once scholarship recipients are selected AMIDEAST, works directly with U.S. institutions of higher education, students, and families to match scholars to select American colleges or universities willing to provide scholarship resources to fund candidates’ completion of four-year undergraduate degree programs in the United States.
Applications must contain the following documents:
- Common Application. To download the Common Application, click here.
- Financial Application. To download the International Student Financial Aid Application, click here.
- Transcripts for 9th 10th and 11th grades and, when available the 12th grade
- At least 3 letters of recommendation from high school officials
- Certified TOEFL score (minimum score = 550)
- 3 essays
- The SAT score, if required
- A valid passport with a copy of the front page.
Tel.: +962-6-592-9994, Fax: +962-6-592-9996,