The Hope Fund Scholarship program is designed to provide talented young people with leadership potential from disadvantaged backgrounds with an opportunity to pursue an undergraduate degree in the United States. Hope Fund scholarships provide:
- Free pre-academic training in Ramallah and Gaza
- Orientation and all travel arrangements
- Two one-way air tickets to and from the United States (if eligible)
- Full tuition fee waiver
- Annual stipend for books and other basic materials (if eligible)
- Monthly living stipend (if eligible)
This is for the study of a four-year Bachelors Degree only.
The Hope Fund seeks applicants who meet the following REQUIREMENTS:
- Current legal resident in the West Bank or Gaza; must be a resident throughout the entire candidacy process to be eligible;
- Come from a disadvantaged background; candidates residing in a refugee camp will be given priority;
- Currently in the 11 grade and have grade average of 90% or better
- Fluency in spoken and written English as demonstrated by a minimum score 550 on the ITP or TOEFL test;
- Able to obtain a US student visa;
- Preference shall be given to those applicants who have never studied abroad;
- Completed applications must be submitted to AMIDEAST Ramallah or Gaza office no later than December 1, 2012.
This scholarship program is the result of the generosity and commitment of Dr. Fahim Qubain, with support and cooperation from AMIDEAST West Bank/Gaza.
For additional information, please contact our offices in Ramallah or Gaza City or visit the Hope Fund website http://www.thehopefund.org/
In addition to the Application Form, applicants must complete the following supplemental forms: